Check out guidelines
- Kindergarteners and 1st graders may check out one book each week.
- 2nd through 5th graders may check out two books each week.
- A student may renew a book if they are still reading it.
- A student may return a book and check out a new book outside of scheduled class visit times.
- There are no overdue fines, but a student may not check out another book if they have an overdue one. (Also, a book is considered Lost if it is overdue for more than one month.)
- If a book is lost, it must be paid for or replaced. Checks can be made out to "Berkeley Unified School District" with the Note: John Muir Library.
- A book will be considered Lost if it is overdue for more than a month. Lost fees will go into effect.
- Contact John Muir/Marian Altman Library